Saturday, August 9, 2014

Mike’s Tesla Motors Model S on Display at Exotics at Redmond Town Center Auto Show

This morning while riding my bike home from the gym in Redmond, I came across a really cool car show in the parking lot at Redmond Town Center.  There were all kinds of awesome cars there, many that would make most car buffs drool.  I walked around the parking lot looking at and taking pictures of cars from Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Lotus, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Porsche, Jaguar, BMW and more.  There were also some classic cars and a fully electric Harley Davidson motorcycle.
Even though there were a lot of cool exotic cars, I still had an empty, unfulfilled feeling.  These were all highly desirable cars, but the one car that is in my future was not there.  But as luck would have it, just as I was about to leave, I happened to notice it – a shiny, white Tesla Model S!  Easily the best car on the lot (at least in my mind) – and the least expensive to operate, but not even close to the most expensive in the show.
Mike's Tesla Model S
I went to talk to the owner, a really nice guy named Mike.  As all Tesla owners I have ever spoken to, Mike was very enthusiastic about his car. I asked him if it was fun every time he drove it, and with a huge smile said “it really is”. He said he’d had it for about 16 months, but it was in mint condition.  I asked if he’d taken any road trips and he said, not really – except for an excursion to Bellingham.
Gas X Tesla Model S
After sharing some Tesla driving

stories, Mike admitted that he only drives the car 2-3 days a week because he wants to keep it in the best of condition.  His power bill at home has increased about $30 a month since he bought the car – which is a small drop in the bucket compared to paying today’s gas prices.
Even though I really appreciated being able to meet Mike and him being there to show his Model S –  and we both share a passion for Teslas, when I get my Tesla, I can guarantee it will go on A LOT of road trips – and probably look a lot more lived in …
Thank you Mike for being at the Exotics at Redmond Town Center and showing your super cool Tesla Model S!
Exotics@RTC is an informal weekly gathering of exotic car owners and enthusiasts, and has grown to become the largest weekly car gathering north of Los Angeles.
Hours are 9-11 AM. Be sure to get there about 8:30 if you’re bringing a car to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment